Established in 1667, the Academic Gymnasium in Szczecin was a continuation of the tradition of the princely Pedagogium. Also, like in the Griffins times, the school and the foundation which financed it were supervised by a schoolboard of four persons, comprising the representatives of the province administration and the Pomeranian Estates. The role of the schoolboard was defined in the Gymnasium Statute. It included controlling the administration of the Foundation’s estate, its revenues, as well as the administration of the school, employing professors, admitting students to the establishment, supervising them, and supervising the didactic process. In the 18th century, in the framework of the Prussian absolute monarchy, the activity of the schoolboard was limited by the numerous interventions of the central authorities in Berlin, which most often took the final decisions concerning the Gymnasium and the Marian Foundation.