In Autumn 2020, DOAJ will be relaunching with a new website with updated functionality, improved search, and a simplified application form. More information is available on our blog. Our API is also changing.

Hide this message

POCZĄTKI POMORSKICH KATEDR

Colloquia Theologica Ottoniana. 2017;1 DOI 10.18276/cto.2017.1-09

 

Journal Homepage

Journal Title: Colloquia Theologica Ottoniana

ISSN: 1731-0555 (Print); 2353-2998 (Online)

Publisher: Szczecin University Press

Society/Institution: Institute of Theological Sciences of the University of Szczecin

LCC Subject Category: Philosophy. Psychology. Religion

Country of publisher: Poland

Language of fulltext: Polish, Italian, German, English

Full-text formats available: PDF

 

AUTHORS


Grzegorz Wejman (Wydział Teologiczny Uniwersytetu Szczecińskiego)

EDITORIAL INFORMATION

Double blind peer review

Editorial Board

Instructions for authors

Time From Submission to Publication: 15 weeks

 

Abstract | Full Text

Cathedral (greek Kathedra – chair, seat) is the church of the diocesan bishop (lat. Cathedralis ecclesia), Archbishop (Metropolitan Cathedral) or Patriarch (patriarchal church). As a bishop’s church, it is usually the burial place of the diocesan bishops. Cathedral term also refers to the co-cathedral and procathedral. Sometimes the cathedral is the common name of the main church of the city.The past 1050 anniversary of the baptism of Poland found its special place in the space of Poznań, Gniezno, or Ostrów Lednicki, but also extended to the Oder and the Baltic Sea. After foundation of the bishopric in Poznan, her steward extended the jurisdiction over the whole country, up to Wolin. When the metropolis in Gniezno was founded, it was also consisted of a bishopric in Kołobrzeg. It is here, as well as later in Wolin, especially in Kamień Pomorski, one should look for the start of the Pomeranian cathedrals.At present, Szczecin and Koszalin are dominated by the cathedral churches, which were not built for the purpose of being cathedral. There is no sign after the first cathedral in Kolobrzeg, just like after the second cathedral in Wolin – there is only the cross and the obelisk. Until our times only Cathedral in Kamień survived – 28th June 1972 it became co-cathedral. Cathedral in Kamień should become the apple of the eye not only for all the inhabitants of Western Pomerania, because the people of Pomerania love beauty and the music and deserves it. There should be an scientific publication, as well as photo album treats extensively about this cathedral, only one in Western Pomerania built from scratch as the cathedral.