All links open in a new page.
What is Open Access?
- Open Access Overview by Peter Suber
- The Budapest Open Access Initiative
- Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities
- The Open Access Bibliography - a historical perspective
- The Open Access Directory - a compendium of OA lists
- How Open Is It? A guide by OASPA
For other Open Access resources, please visit the Open Access Directory.
Resources for identifying Quality Open Access journals
- Evaluating Open Access Journals
- Think. Check. Submit - a check list to make sure you choose trusted journals for your research.
Open Access publishing for journal owners
- Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association
- Flipping a journal to open access, by Peter Suber
- Open-access Journal Publishing Resource Index
- Disrupting the subscription journals’ business model for the necessary large-scale transformation to open access
For copyright matters and CC licenses, we recommend that you visit Creative Commons
- E-Journal by Drupal
- Open Journal Systems (OJS)
- Ambra Project from the Public Library of Science.
- Ubiquity Press
Check out a similar list on the Open Access Directory: http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/Free_and_open-source_journal_management_software
Open Access publishing for authors
Open Access and Open Science
Open Access news and debate
- Conferences and workshops, by year, related to Open Access
- The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics by Heather Morrison
- OA-barometer 2009
- Laakso, Mikael, Björk, Bo-Christer, 2012, Anatomy of open access publishing - a study of longitudinal development and internal structure, BMC Medicine, 10:124, doi: 10.1186/1741-7015-10-124.
- Björk, Bo-Christer, Solomon, David, 2012, Open access versus subscription journals: a comparison of scientific impact, BMC Medicine, 10:73, doi:10.1186/1741-7015-10-73.